Monday, November 22, 2004

Cryptozoology
 
the study of hidden or undiscovered animals
Lepus cornutus
 
i see the role of the designer in my work, and this is the area i am beginning to feel is lacking. I sit down to make more little expirimental films, and all i can come up with is little snippets. parts, elements, the way these elements relate to the whole is its design. but it feels like i havn't been able to make a whole in a long while. I can create anything I want, given enough time and the right materials, so what do i want? I feel like I don't yet really know so i concentrate on little waves, on the parts. what it is the thing i want to make? a world? yes, a world. What is a world? The collection of feelings associations. A world is an all encompasing collection of rules and feelings. imagine everything. yes. What am I trying to say? What am I doing?I shall have to narrow it down, simplify. one thing at a time. by creating a collection of things, feelings, messeges, glimpses into annother life. through the parts we can see the whole, so I begin with the parts...
 
either i have become lost, or i am on the right path.
 
 
 
While other mammals prefer a full moon, Fenwick claimed that jackalopes mate only during nocturnal lightning flashes.
 
is "perhaps the rarest animal in North America.
 
two African stories, one in which the rabbit wants to fit in with the other horned animals and makes himself a pair of wax horns, which melted when he sat by the fire.
 
The other legend has a rabbit loaning his horns to a deer and then never being fast enough to catch the deer and get his horns back.
the animal's purported propensity to attack ferociously anything that threatened it
 
 
 
Australian Drop Bear
According to legend, you can tell if these dangerous creatures are hiding in a gum tree by lying on your back beneath the tree and spitting upwards. If the Drop Bear is up there, it'll spit back.
 
brer rabbit